Information Collection and Use – Personal Data
ASD fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission.
Any personal information which you volunteer, by completing the Contact Us form, registering for the Download Area or emailing us, will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (as amended) and from 25th of May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and is not shared with any third parties and is used only for the purposes for which you provided it.
Information Collection and Use – Technical Data
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information (via cookies) collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
What Cookies do we use?
These are cookies are essential to the proper functioning of our website and enable you to use its features, such as accessing the secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, you will not be able to perform core site functions.
- • This cookie creates a unique session for your device, allowing a platform for login and document download functions.
- • No personal or device information is collected or stored.
- • If you login, you will be given access to parts of the site for registered members.
Some of our webpages use third-party services or software, such as maps, online videos or social networking features. Many of these services may set cookies on your device. We will ask for consent for these cookies to be set, and you’ll need to accept these cookies if you wish to view the content.
Links to Third Party Websites
- • This cookie stores various unique identifiers, except for PREF which stores your options such as preferred zoom level.
- • Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Google Map. While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they appear to include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number and behaviour of Google Maps users.
For your convenience, we may provide links to other websites. ASD is not involved in any way in operating the third party websites and we have no liability or responsibility for the content, data policies, procedures, terms and conditions of these third party websites nor can we confirm that these websites are free from computer viruses or other harmful programmes or software.
Purpose for which we hold your personal data
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
Your rights in relation to your personal data
- • to respond to any communications you might send to us;
- • to keep you informed of updates to our services
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data including the following:
- • The right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you.
- • The right to have your data kept up to date and corrected where it is shown to be inaccurate.
- • The right to have your data erased or restrict our processing, in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the information for your use of our services or if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing.
- • The right to object to us processing information about you such as processing for profiling or direct marketing.
- • The right to ask us to provide your information to you in a portable format, in certain circumstances.
The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
For the purpose of The Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (as amended) and from 25th of May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the data controller is ASD and our data protection contact for the purpose of these acts is
Revoke the Cookie Consent
This will prompt the option to allow/disallow cookies.